Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hurricane = Lame. Crown braid experiment = Less lame

I love crown braids -- don't ask me why, I just do. I pulled this image off Google to give you an idea of what I'm talking about (this version shows a lot of nifty detailed patch-working which I also want to learn).
 Pretty right?  But my hair -- lovely, lovely hair -- doesn't bend and I end up with a MESS of clumps of hair sticking out in every direction.  Well this weekend when everyone was panicking over the hurricane I was perusing online when I found a tutorial for a girl with a similar hair type.  Hrrrrrrm......  I finally had a chance to play with it this weekend and after two hours of fiddling around I came up with this:

Experimental crown braid -- SUCCESS.  =)


Hoorrrraaay!  I will have to practice more, but once I get a solid braid down, I will post instructions with my tips.  =)

3 comments:

  1. haha at first i thought the first picture was a pie!!! super sweet braids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU FOR THIS INSPIRATION!!! I WILL TRY MY CROWN BRAID TOMORROW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks super nice on you. Even without those intricate little braids.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for viewing this post! Please feel free to make comments on what I can improve, what you're stuck on, etc. =)

Also, since commenting is open to all viewers, please leave a name and contact information (e-mail, alpha) so I can get in touch with you!