Sunday, August 28, 2011

Eye-Candy

No hunky boys, but for now, to give you an idea of things I will be showing/showcasing for my tutorials, I'm posting a few pictures of my inspirations and past hairstyles I've done on myself and one I did on a friend for Ring Dance.

Enjoy!

INSPIRATIONS:

I haven't figured out how to do this on myself, but this is something I'd like to clean up and figure out a graceful way to tuck for school.

 Click to see more inspirations and some of my handiwork.

Love this -- it's sleek, clean, and slightly feminine.  This look can be achieved many ways and I've done this with  French braids (I call it a French Cradle -- tutorial forthcoming) -- great for shorter hair, and if your hair isn't as thick/smooth as mine, it's great for longer hair as well with a couple well placed pins.


You're going to have to excuse my love for Heidi and crown braids.
This is some politician in a European country -- she has VERY long hair, but I'm told this is possible on just past shoulder-length hair.

Back view of the same politician; this would not be a hairstyle for school, but it's still something I'm interested in.

PERSONAL -- please excuse the poor picture quality; some of the pictures have been slightly contrasted so you can see the detail which is a little more difficult since my hair is black.  =)

Tucked French-braid with a slight variation; better for slightly shorter and thinner hair for tucking purposes.  Was my "go-to" hairstyle for the Spring before I stopped being able to tuck it under neatly -- notice the excessive bulge.
Did this for a Batt-O Call -- much simpler than it looks, but takes quite a few bobby pins.

This has become my go-to hairstyle this fall -- it's easy, simple, and the low profile sits well under my cover; I wasn't able to achieve this until my hair passed 24 inches, but other who don't have as thick hair might have better luck at shorter lengths.

My best friend's hair for Ring Dance -- I planned this entire style myself and it took about 2 hours to complete


She has naturally curly hair which makes her hair particularly well suited for beautiful pin curls.

You can see in this photo and the first the head-band's I braided in to give the style shape.


Leave a comment with other things you'd like to see!  =D

1 comment:

  1. The wealthy Ukrainian politician and entrepreneur with lovely braided
    hair is Julia Tymoshenko. Just now she is in prison in Ukraina, as a political prisoner, being accused for financial crime during her time as prime minister. She'll be sitting there for several years.The accusations against her were fabricated by her political enimies. She is in very Ill health now and is often not allowed to see a doctor. At the time of her trial many ladies of all ages braided their hair in the same way like Julia. Even TV-personalities were sporting Julia hair-dos.This was our protest here in Sweden. Hair is important! Annakarin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for viewing this post! Please feel free to make comments on what I can improve, what you're stuck on, etc. =)

Also, since commenting is open to all viewers, please leave a name and contact information (e-mail, alpha) so I can get in touch with you!