Thursday, September 8, 2011

Infinity Bun -- Tutorial

Not what I promised, but something just as fun!

Presenting my current favorite "Everyday" Bun -- the Infinity Bun.


Instructions below!





Tools
  • Brush
  • 2 hairties
  • 3 roller pins










If you have layers, bad fly-aways, or finicky hair:
  • Smoothing balm
  • Hairspray
  • Spritz Bottle
  • Bobby pins
  • U-pins













Start with a low, off-set pony tail.  I do mine to the right. You can do yours to the left if it's more comfortable.
Tip: to keep this style smooth, apply smoothing cream to hair now (or spritz with water if you don't want to use product)












Start twisting your hair and coiling it like you would making a normal bun.  You will need two coils, so keep twisting your ponytail and coiling it firmly underneath the first coil.  (If you can't get two coils, you may not be able to get a completed infinity.)



Tuck the end of your hair on the side closest to center of your head and secure with a second hairtie.  If you have thin hair, you can use a plastic or thin hairtie.  Note: this is to help keep the style looking sleek and it keeps your hair from slipping out.





Taking the top coil, pull it to your left.  Flatten it out and position it horizontally next to the first bun.  Make sure it is centered.











Pin the top coil down on the left side.
















Arrows indicate where I use my three pins.  Use additional pins to secure flyaways and wisps.










Finished style. (Right picture is after I redid it to hide the hairtie that was showing in the left picture.)




Note:
  • I am thinking of changing the format to better accommodate the images since the larger ones currently hang outside of the frame.  Let me know if this is problem for anyone or ways I can make the website more accessible!
  • I will most likely to stick to pictures + instruction versus videos -- mostly because I don't have editing software, I don't want my phone voice to come out on video, and I find pictures easier to follow.  Eventually I will probably supplement pictures with videos, but until then, let me know if something is unclear!




If you try this out, take a picture and leave a comment below on how it worked out for you!




"Some of the worst mistakes in my life were haircuts."
~ Jim Morrison

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for perfect instructions. Annakarin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for viewing this post! Please feel free to make comments on what I can improve, what you're stuck on, etc. =)

Also, since commenting is open to all viewers, please leave a name and contact information (e-mail, alpha) so I can get in touch with you!