Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Bun Variations

NEWS: Six weeks is looming near -- as a result you won't see much on here until exams are over.


I don't have any great pictures (I need my camera back, sigh.) but I've been snapping a few pictures when I do variations of the "standard" styles.  (Please note, all pictures are adjusted to show the styles better.)

So what your standard bun should look like (yes, mine is huge and looks like it's going to eat my head):
Standard, Basic or "Cinnamon" Bun.
The edges of this bun should be pinned flat to your head
so there isn't any gap that shows your hairtie (which also
helps keep it in longer).

"Corkscrew" -- or two-coil bun.  I've noticed when this is done right
it lies neater than a normal cinnamon bun.

"Medusa" -- not really a variation, but a fresh take on a bun
Infinity -- Twisted Variation; the left side was lower making it look
lopsided; I repinned it to be even and look more symmetrical.


Gibson Roll -- when done right it tends to be a little more secure,
lies a little closer to the head naturally (pins are still required) and
I don't usually need extra pins to tuck my ends in.  (And yes, I
fixed the crooked bobby pin.  =P)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for viewing this post! Please feel free to make comments on what I can improve, what you're stuck on, etc. =)

Also, since commenting is open to all viewers, please leave a name and contact information (e-mail, alpha) so I can get in touch with you!