Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Trial Run: Flower Bun

[I had a plan to build this blog from the basics, nice and orderly, but -- like life -- sometimes it's hard to color inside the lines.]

This hairstyle is really brought to you by a friend of mine -- when I ran track I asked her how she did her hair, which was always done in this beautiful (and neat!) bun.  I remember watching her show me thinking "My hair can't do that..."  Turns out, it can, but it doesn't look quite as nifty on my hair.

(TOP) Picture taken from the wedding website, The Knot.
(BOTTOM) My version; not quite as awesome (sadly), but
hopefully with some more practice with pin-curls (the last time 
I did them was on Codie's hair for Ring Dance, eek. =C ) it'll 
look a little neater than this.

The hairstyle involves a technique called pin-curls.  While it is more difficult for my hair due to it's thickness and dislike of being in tight coils, it is possible.  It is, also, deceptively simple -- though pin-curls can take some practice to get exactly right.  This style can be done at a variety of hair lengths, which is also a perk.



And you can tell this bun -- on me -- is huge because of the thickness of my hair.  Most of you will (lucky you!) have smaller and tidier buns with better defined sections.  =)

TUTORIAL FORTHCOMING!

Note: If you have as much hair as I do and your bun is as large as mine, your cover won't sit properly.  Sigh, hair wins on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for viewing this post! Please feel free to make comments on what I can improve, what you're stuck on, etc. =)

Also, since commenting is open to all viewers, please leave a name and contact information (e-mail, alpha) so I can get in touch with you!