Thursday, August 25, 2011

My Hair + Hair Care

If you think you see white hair, you do!  =P
Someone said I should show my audience my hair and explain what I do -- this feels vain, so I'll keep this short as possible:

Picture gives you an idea, but specifics:
  • Classifier: 1b, C, iii
    • 1b -- straight with slight body wave
    • C -- Coarse/Thick --in hair type (the strands themselves)
    • iii -- I have a high volume of hair (in a pony tail, my hair is more than 4 inches in circumference
Haircare:
  • Washing: Modified "No-Shampoo"
    • JUST Shampoo, 1x a week
    • JUST Conditioner, 2x a week
    • Shampoo + Conditioner, 1-2x a month
    • "Deep treatment" for dry ends -- 1x a week (apply conditioner to dry ends, let sit 5-10 minutes, rinse out with cold water.)\
    • NOTE: I shower 1-2x a day and wash my hair with a scalp brush, but don't soap my hair every time I'm in the shower
  • Trims: every 3-6 months at Waves (I'm cheap).
    • TIP: to keep more length and still have healthy ends -- borrow/buy hair scissors (best to use real hair cutting scissors, you can buy a cheap pair from CVS, a beauty store, or online) and go through hair in small bunches and trim off the split ends in small groups

[I won't detail more here, but if you're interested in making the transition, send me a message or Google references under "No-Shampoo Method."]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for viewing this post! Please feel free to make comments on what I can improve, what you're stuck on, etc. =)

Also, since commenting is open to all viewers, please leave a name and contact information (e-mail, alpha) so I can get in touch with you!